CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

All that it Entails

I felt compelled to write this down in my journal this evening and thought I would share a little about what I felt in a blog entry.

I often think about how drastically my life has changed since the first day I found out I was going to be a mother. I would have never considered my self a bad person, I believe that I have always had a good heart. I was however, lost.

There was a moment this evening that could never escape my memory. Time nor age, nor a thousand tear jerking events could ever replace what my heart felt tonight. This is what life is all about I thought. It's not about how much money I can make, what clothes I wish I had and how smart I want to be. It's about taking care of the ones I love. Since being a mother I have found my empathetic heart. It didn't matter that I was covered in vomit and that my make up was running down my face because He would only get in the bath if I were holding him. What mattered most to me was that he knew I was there for him, and that I will always be there. As his fever of 104 broke he laid so calmly in my arms and looked up at me and his eyes told me he loved me.

2 comments:

We are Family! said...

I am SO proud to have you as my sister!!!! You are a WONDERFUL mommy!!!!!

Terry said...

You are a great Mommy and the little man knows it. GOD gives us only what we can handle. He's a lucky little boy to have such a great Mommy.